Interim Exceptional Children Director
Experienced former/retired EC Directors can serve as Interim EC Directors in a temporary capacity while schools are in the hiring process. Summer is a time of preparation for the school year for EC Directors/Coordinators, our Interim EC Directors can help keep your school on track.
- Review IEPs of all new incoming students and start the student files
- Ensure all the needed service providers are contracted/hired for the start of the year to avoid a lapse in service delivery
- Ensure IEP meetings are scheduled for the beginning of the year those (with September and October review dates)
- Ensure your team is on schedule for upcoming re-evaluations
- Ensure compensatory education time is being met
- Ensure ESY time is being met
- Start the process of case management assignments
- Assist with class assignments for EC students
- Meet with any families who may have questions regarding IEPs, service time, etc.
- Ensure all IEPs are current to ensure everything is ready for the December 1 count
- Update/create a master list of EC students
- Begin preparations for the EC Transfer of Funds
- Other duties as requested